Sunday, June 14, 2009

Welcome to Barcelona!


Welcome to Barcelona! We got into Barcelona at 7:30 in the morning and had been up for more than 24 hours. Our hotel took our luggage for us and pointed us to this wonderful little neighborhood street that we could walk down to the beach. The first glimpse of the Mediterranean was beautiful. We loved Las Ramble Poble Nou. I only took a few shots here but you can see the fun windows and doors. You will see throughout this blog that I absolutely love windows and doors. I love these old ancient cities. I love watching the people. Natalie and Tyler had such a great time but feel a little funny about their photos. They don't like looking like an engaged couple but every time I told them to look at me, they would mug for the camera. I hope you enjoy the photos. I loved this trip. I loved having my camera with me. This blog represents only a few of the photos that I took.




























The center of the Placa'de Catalunya. This is a hub of activity. It is at the top of Las Ramblas which is a street that has open air markets and street performers and vendor. It was so much fun. There were lots of people and music. It felt very festive.


























There were dozens of team of these kids dancing and hitting the sticks in their hands against the sticks in the others hands. As soon as they were done the would move down the street and another team would do their dance.

















After the gelato















Love flowers!



































One of the street performers with Ty and Nat









1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an amazing trip! Looks like so much fun and what beautiful pictures! We're glad yall had a great time:)

    ReplyDelete